So here we are on Labor Day weekend, marking the unofficial end of summer by (finally) posting a few favorite photos from our summertime adventures.
Nathan is at my side as I type this, eyeing up every detail of this photo ("Nathan ocean" "my shovel" "my truck") from our June trip to Stone Harbor and Avalon, N.J.
We returned home from the shore just in time for strawberry picking/eating-while-picking.
And then soon after, our beautiful baby boy turned two. In typical fashion for our family, we celebrated our butts off from the big day (July 2) through the July 4 holiday. (Now Nathan is singing the happy birthday song to himself as I type.)
And by far, the biggest hobby of the season was bug (namely butterflies, but fireflies and other beetles were also hits) catching. Our kids are fearless and quite good with a butterfly net, so we spent many dinners with bug catchers as our centerpieces. (No worries, we run a catch-and-release program....)
Now fall is nearly upon us. Caitlyn is beginning her last year of daycare (pre-K) before she starts "real" school, and Nathan is talking up a storm and using the potty like a champ. Time is flying, and I'm going to do my best to catch and document all the moments I can again, so check back.

No comments:
Post a Comment