Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's a ....

Hello from Cashew!

Now that I’m a little over 19 weeks old, my mommy and daddy had another opportunity to see me today. My daddy says that I’m already taking after him and being a difficult child. In a way it was a payback because the doctors made my mommy drink all of this water so I had no frickin’ room in here!

I guess my parents were trying to find out if I’m a boy or a girl. While the ultrasound tech pushed and pushed on me, I kept my legs closed really tight. After my mommy shifted around a lot, I decided to cross my legs. Then my mom did a lot more fidgeting and rolling around, so I finally stretched out my legs but used my hands to cover my private parts. After all this, mommy and daddy were ready to come back and try again some other time (if they give up that easy, I am gonna have it good!), but I finally decided to shift around some more. While my daddy thinks that I’m being obstinate like him, my mommy says that I am already acting like a proper little girl!

P.S. Check back for an ultrasound picture soon.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Cashew,

Welcome to the family! I can't wait to meet you and teach you all these neat tricks for you to play around the house. You can pull Owen's tail, ride Vixey around the house, and burp all over Dad's new clothes on his way to work in the morning. Then just smile like a cute girl and everything'll be just fine! You're going to have a blast! Talk soon!

-Cousin Tim

JAR said...

Hi Cashew!

I can't wait to meet you. By the time you arrive, I'll have been here for about a year, so I'll try to teach you all of the tricks I've learned along the way. With two brothers around all of the time, I'm really looking forward to having someone else around who wants to play dolls and other girly things that the boys aren't interested in. My mommy says that we'll be great friends, just like our mommies!

For now...I'm off to explore the world for us!

Love,
Gwynn

slrobison@comcast.net said...

Hello little girl!! This is Grandma Sandy. I was just thinking--wouldn't it be funny if your nickname "stuck?" We used to call your mommy Pumpkin but she grew out of that, so there's hope for you, too. But for now you'll be our little Cashew.
Love ya already!!